baked chicken and vegetables in herbed cream sauce is a delicious meal for any occasion. Boneless chicken breasts and vegetables are simmered in a creamy, thick sauce, with parsley, garlic, and crushed fresh herbs for the perfect combination of flavors.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Baked Chicken and Vegetables in herbed cream sauce
This elegant style of cooking is perfect for busy weeknights when you’re tired of the same old take-out. It’s a complete meal, with all the flavors of your favorite restaurant dish brought together in an easy weeknight-only recipe, with minimal work required.
Baked Chicken and vegetable recipe Ingredients
|Boneless chicken – cut into flat 1″ pieces||250 gms|
|Chopped or crushed garlic||1 tablespoon|
|Mushrooms – cut stalks and leave cap whole||100 gms|
|Capsicum – sliced long,1/4″ thick slices||3/4 cup|
|Carrots – sliced diagonally into 1/4″ thick slices||3/4 cup|
|dried oregano||1 tablespoon|
|white wine, optional||1/4 cup|
|chopped parsley 1/4 cup cream||1 tablespoon|
|corn flour dissolved in 1/2 cup of water||2 tablespoon|
|olive oil, or any other cooking oil||3 tablespoon|
Baked Chicken and Vegetables in herbed cream sauce method
- Marinate the chicken pieces with garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Leave aside to marinate for 1/2 -1 hour.
- Wash mushrooms. Keeping the cap whole, chop stalks into small pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and add 1 tsp garlic. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add whole mushroom caps, chopped mushroom stalks, and carrots. Fry for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Add capsicum, salt, pepper, oregano, and wine. Fry for 1 minute.
- Remove from fire and spread out the vegetables in a single layer in a greased oven-proof glass dish.
- Place the marinated chicken in a single layer on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
- Close with a tight lid or aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Pick up the baked chicken pieces from the dish and keep them aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and put the baked chicken pieces in it. Stir fry till brown. If the chicken is not done, cover and cook for 5 minutes till soft. Place chicken in a serving dish.
- Transfer the vegetables to a pan and add cream and cornflour dissolved in little water. Cook, stirring till slightly thickened.
- Pour vegetables in sauce over chicken and decorate with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges. Serve hot with garlic bread.
Baked Chicken and Vegetables in Herbed Cream Sauce recipe is great grilled or baked, and you can add a variety of herbs to change up the flavors.
Other Popular Post
How to make crispy rice noodles
Easy Sweet Corn Crab Soup Recipe